Deadline Oct. 4th at 5pm! Small Business Grant Program
September 24, 2020
Yolo County approved a NEW program September 18th that will benefit businesses affected by Covid-19. This program is available to most, if not all, businesses in Winters.
If your business experienced any of the following Covid related expenses, you should apply for this grant.
- Innovation to promote outdoor business to protect employee and public health.
- Payroll/employee retention or supporting employees, including but not limited to Workers Comp Insurance premium and Unemployment Insurance premium increases related to COVID-19, paid leave for employees due to COVID-19 illness. Not applicable to businesses that collected Payroll Protection Program loans that were forgiven or to home-based sole proprietors that collected Pandemic Unemployment Assistance.
- Purchase of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to protect employee and public health and efforts to sanitize the business environment.
- Rent or mortgage payments (excluding property tax payments) realized during the required closure of the business due to COVID-19, including the required closure of only indoor operations. For home-based businesses, this expense is only eligible for reimbursement if the residence is open to the public for normal business operations.
- Addressing temporary COVID-19 related restrictions on business activity.
- Increasing technology capacity to enable alternative work arrangements, such as telecommuting.
- Creating new marketing campaigns or business plans.
- Facility cleaning/restoration.
- Costs associated with additional training or virtual learning to implement COVID-19 safety measures.
- Expenses required to plan for a safe reopening such as expert assessments and/or to conduct research or market surveys.
- Other uses (a description of any “other uses” and their direct association with the COVID-19 pandemic will need to be provided in the application).
The Chamber of Commerce will be holding a Zoom meeting with Carolyn Jhajj from the County Administrators office next week. More details to come on the exact day/time.
To get more information about the grant or to fill out an application, please visit the Yolo County site: Click Here.